Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Change, change, change

Things change all the time. Some things I want to change do change and other things don't. So what do we do with this? How do we plan for change to happen? I mean, 5 weeks ago I had no idea that Zach, Carly and I would be leaving Johnsonville and JFBC and moving back to the upstate and going to WAC. There is a whole lot of change there.

As I look back over the last year, I realize that we have had a lot more change than I even realized. It started when we sold the single wide mobile home that we were living in and moved to a town home in Central. Then the church we were attending and working at at the time broke up and left us without a church home and without that job. Then, a few months later we moved to Johnsonville and Zach started his job at Johnsonville First Baptist Church. So we were in a new town, new house, new church, and we knew NO ONE. That is a BIG CHANGE for both of us and Carly.

Now we are back to the upstate and another new church. As we drove down Hwy 123 from the church to my inlaws house, I broke down crying Sunday evening. It was as if it had just sunk in that once again we were being uprooted and placed some where else new. Right now we don't have a house so we are living with Zach's parents. Thus, there will be more change when we find a house and move into it.

So is this the life of a minister's wife? Will God keep calling us to change and move and go? IS THIS WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR????

I always said I would NEVER marry someone in the military or go into the military myself because I didn't want to move every four years. I guess God showed me!!!!! I will have moved basically 5 times in one year by the time we find a house and move in.

So what attitude do I take with all this? I could get angry or be upset...OR I could realize that, as Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." God is in control and He plans to prosper us whereever He takes us.

And as my awesome new pastor pointed out last night, This world is not my home!!!!! My home is so much better than Orangeburg, Clemson, Seneca, Central, Johnsonville, Greenville, even Hawaii!!!! My home awaits me when God calls me to go there. In John 14, vs 2-3 states, "My Father's house has plenty of room; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

The Home that awaits me is awesome!!!! If you are interested in learning about this home and what you need to do to go with me one day then join us at Washington Avenue Church starting May 17 on a journey through "The Finish Line".

http://www.washingtonavenue.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment