Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms reading this!!!! Mom's deserve so much more than we get.


I was thinking back to three years ago. That was my last Mother's Day before I became a mom. I just want to tell you that that was one of the most difficult days I have ever been through. That morning I was singing with the Praise Team at my church at that time. One of the songs had a line in it about God providing more than I could ever want. I couldn't sing that line. I just broke down crying on stage! I hated Mother's Day!!! I mean I really, really HATED Mother's Day. It reminded me that I was not a mother and possibly never would be. Let me tell you that if you never suffered infertility, you will not understand what I am saying. That holiday is the most horrible day in the life of a woman suffering infertility. For any of you out there who are suffering now, I pray that God will be with you and that He will wrap His loving arms around you and comfort you. I also pray that if it be His will that He would bless you with children just like He did for Sarah, Hannah and Me!!!!

Now I am a mother. So, Mother's Day is a time of rejoicing for me!! I am so thankful that I have been blessed with my daughter and her love and laughter. You see, that last Mother's Day in 2006...I told God that I would not come to church on Mother's Day again until I WAS A MOM! I could not deal with that pain any more. Now I joyfully to thank Him for His gift. You see nothing I did caused me to become pregnant! That was all God!!!! Now, I know that I have job to do. I have to raise my daughter in a way that is pleasing to Him! I have to give her daily to Him! (Thankfully, I don't have to literally leave her at the church in the way Hannah did.) I do raise her in the church, though, both literally and not. This is the most important job I will ever have! I take it seriously.

I want to take a moment and thank my Momma. She was always there for me. She raised me right and showed me how to love the Lord. I am blessed that God gave me to her. I could not think of a better momma out there. She was at every sporting event, chorus event, everything. I could count on her to show up and cheer me on in whatever I did. She is the Best Friend I have ever had. I can still count on her any time I need. I did not always treat her right, but she loved me anyway! Thank you Momma. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment